Every field of education requires a master’s degree, so in nursing. A master’s degree allows scholars to become professionals in their respective fields. After a bachelor’s degree, many nurses want to have a master’s degree to thrive more in their careers due to exciting opportunities in the healthcare industry. It turns out to be the next step for you to excel in your career. Moreover, you will achieve success with advanced leadership skills and unmatched job stability. Students should realize the benefits that come from achieving a master of nursing.
This will open doors to more new opportunities. Again spending two years studying can be tough, but several online programs offer a master’s degree without going to college. You can also opt for accelerated programs where two years course can be completed in just one year. The course, concepts, and skills will be the same but only you can finish the entire degree in a year.
In fact, it provides a way for numerous schools and open universities. You can online attend the lectures and complete assignments at your own comfort.
This is a flexible career path. Your dream of becoming a leader can turn out to be true by the master of nursing.
You will develop executive skills to supervise employees. Once you are specialized in a master’s degree, you can learn advanced skills. These skills could be a family nurse practitioner, psychiatric nurse practitioner, and acute care nurse practitioner.
Advantages of Master in Nursing
- Respective field: The field earns you respect from your peers, healthcare professionals, and colleagues. People will look for your advice and appreciate your views. Your seniors and juniors may also look for you in any complicated situation. You also earn respect from your family and friends. This shows you are highly ambitious and determined to achieve your goals.
- High salary pay: The best benefit you will have is an increase in pay. The pay may vary from place to place. It also depends on your specialization. Metro cities usually offer high pay than rural areas. However, if you have completed your master’s from a reputed university and you are employed in the best hospital. By working on these hospitals, you will get are high chances, that you will be offered pay raise than others.
- Become a nurse educator: Masters in nursing can lead to a career as a nurse educator. They are eligible to work in universities, nursing schools, and hospitals.
- Can get a doctorate: After completing a master’s degree, ways will open for you to pursue a Ph.D. in nursing. A doctorate degree can also help you in achieving leadership designations. But, having a master’s degree is a must for this.
Important features of the course
- The program is developed to encourage nurses for professional work in health care centers.
- The primary objective of the course is to enhance knowledge and professional development.
- To develop the academic strengths including mental health, clinical excellence, and methods and research principles.
- It will allow them to develop thoroughly and transition into a professional nurse in health care scenarios.
- The course provides various workshops, online learning activities, and campus programs.
- The course is supplemented with theoretical and practical knowledge to make them industry-ready.
- You will develop analytical and innovative skills required for a nurse practitioner.
Careers after Master in Nursing
Achieving a master’s degree is a two-year program. It can boost your career considerably. After you achieve a Master’s degree, the careers available in the field are:
- Nursing Consultant
- Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse
- Research Nurse
- School Nurse
- Advanced nurse practitioner
- Psychiatric Nurse
- Clinical nurse specialist
- Travel Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Flight Nurse
- Nurse educator
- Nurse Anaesthetist
Entry prerequisites for admission:
The students are also required to complete some other courses during their undergraduate education program. Some universities also require having some professional experience. The master’s program varies according to different universities.
- The candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree to pursue a master’s degree.
- Letters of recommendation
- College transcripts
- discussion about career goals
- GRE, GMAT, and TOEFL exams.
- Should be able to provide documents for your identity verification like passport or birth certificate.
- Submit an English language proficiency certificate.
- Should possess a clean criminal record
- There is an annual increase in your fee every year.
- Other expenses include school uniforms, textbooks, and other expenses on clinical placements and living in the metropolitan area in an added expense.
Best universities for Master of Nursing in Australia
- Australian Catholic University
This university provides the course for a Master in Clinical nursing and a Master of health nursing. The master of Mental Health program teaches skills for mental health practice. The completer course will teach you both theory and practical knowledge. A master’s in Clinical nursing course is available online. Also, a Master of Mental Health can be learned from Melbourne and Brisbane. The course duration is 1.5 years.
- The University of Sydney
The program at Sydney University will qualify to give your services in national healthcare centers. It is 2 years full time or 4 years part-time course. To get admission in this university, the candidate should have a bachelor degree from Australia. They also conduct literacy and numeracy test.
- Western Sydney University
You can study at the university campus or it also offers an online course. This university offers an outstanding career program to enhance the skills. You can complete the course in 1.5 years full time or studying for 3 years part-time.
For eligibility, you must have a certificate of registration in your own country. Students can choose any program from Primary Health Care and Research Studies, Clinical Teaching, and Aged Care.
- University of Southern Queensland
The course is recommended to be completed online. However, you can complete it in 1.5 years full time and the duration is equivalent for part-time. To get the admission here, you must have a bachelor’s degree from Australia completed in 3 years. To have a clinical experience is recommended, but that is optional.