The nursing career is a satisfactory career. It provides an opportunity to serve the people in the society. Apart from this, the diploma of nursing also involves various challenges. The job of a nurse is not only limited to assist the doctors but they also coordinated with patients. They are also regarded as a counselor, instructor, and caretaker. The job of nursing requires patient care and clinical work.
To enroll in the nursing courses, you need to complete various assignments in a deadline. The nursing career will surely bring a change in your life and others. It delivers good quality health care.
Nurses are in great demand in Australia. They look for foreign professionals to meet their ends. You may be a certified professional in your country. But it requires going through certain steps.
The education system in Australia provides various opportunities to explore. It provides the best quality educations to students who come from different parts of the world. They have advanced medical equipment. And, surely be an advantage in your career development. There is a high demand for qualified nurses because of the ever-increasing population. Australia also provides ample career opportunities for nurses after completing the diploma. The work hours are very flexible. Students are free to choose the courses offered by the institutions.
Advantages of the Diploma of Nursing
- Given strong personal satisfaction: It is one of the most respected jobs in the world. They work as an intermediary between doctors and patients. The patients interact more with nurses than doctors. This field provides high satisfaction to people than they could imagine.
- High salaries: In the Australian currency, you will get paid more than you expect. This is because they are very much in demand. Nurses who are highly qualified and experienced are often paid more.
- A profession highly in demand: In the coming time, the nurses will be in high demand. There is a high dependency on health care facilities to treat hygiene and growing diseases. The society has huge respect for this career as they help needy people. They improve our lives. They work with their full efforts to change the lives of the people in need. One can have great satisfaction which may not have in any other job.
Important Features of the Diploma of Nursing
- Promote learning guidance with the latest technologies in a learning environment.
- Approach to simulated clinical atmosphere
- Quality teaching for the dignity of people
- A gratifying and accomplished career
- Positive learning results allowing to focus on nursing practice and person-centered care.
- Provides acute care, aged care, and rehabilitation
- Approach to several academic activities at the University.
- Assessments include case studies and various tests. You will have online and written practical approaches in a professional environment.
- Access to facilities like career advice, counseling, and academic skills.
- Registered as an enrolled nurse in the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
Careers in Nursing
The nursing sector is growing continuously. Through the diploma of nursing, you can start your career for great success. Also, you can make an optimistic improvement to the lives of people you care about. The course also opens the paths for many valuable and impressive career choices in healthcare. Once you complete the course, you are eligible for applying as an enrolled nurse. You will have the knowledge and skills to work in several fields. You can join private nursing homes or public health care amenities.
Areas of work where you can give your services are:
- Mental health
- Maternity care,
- Operation Theatres
- General Practice
- Nursing home
- Surgical care
- Acute care
- Rehabilitation center
- Palliative care
- Community care
Once you start working, you will be an enrolled nurse. Nursing includes competencies and skills expected to provide care for communities. The course also allows you to learn the latest technologies and authorized to practice in a healthy environment. While practicing, you will get the experience to understand the true challenges of nursing in the industry. The diploma can bring employability skills and improve your learning program. After the course, the institutions also organize workshops, peer monitoring, and career guidance.
Entry prerequisites for admission:
The entry requirements for the diploma of nursing in Australia are:
- The candidate should be 18 years or above. Should be an Australian citizen. He or she has a temporary or permanent visa for study purposes.
- Needed to complete an online test for Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills
- Should have a year 12 certificate or should have an Australian Qualifications Framework certificate. Or should have a minimum Exit Level 3 in Reading and Numeracy.
- Required at least 6 years of primary and secondary education in English. You should belong to any recognized Universities of Canada, the Republic of Ireland, the UK, and the USA.
- Required at least 4 years of full-time education in English. You should be the part of recognized Universities of Canada, Republic of Ireland, UK and USA with the combination of vocational, tertiary or secondary education.
- One Should have completed English proficiency tests. Should have achieved the minimum scores
- IELTS: Should achieve a score of 7.0 in a single attempt or a maximum of two attempts
- OET Test: Should achieve a B grade in a single attempt or a maximum of two attempts
- PTE Test: Should have achieved a score of 65 overall, in a single attempt or a maximum of two attempts
- TOEFL Test: Should have achieved a score of 94. 24 in reading and 24 in listening. 23 in speaking and 27 in writing in a single attempt or a maximum of two attempts
- Should able to provide documents for your identity verification. The documents such as passport or birth certificate.
- Submit an English language proficiency certificate.
- Should possess a clean criminal record
- The fee depends on full-fee paying institution or government-subsidized institution
- The full fee-paying institution includes students’ facilities and services fees and material fees.
- The government-subsidized institution requires fees to be paid for students’ facilities and services. The training is provided by Commonwealth Government funding.