Enhance your knowledge of the types of research methods
Without a proper understanding of research, you can’t make your work productive. How will you present your assignments if you don’t have enough information to include? Difficult to present! Researching is a scientific and systematic approach for data collection, compilation, explanation, and execution. In other words, research and science directly connected to each other. Your deep and intense research leads you toward new discoveries.
Research plays a significant role when you need to clear your concepts and understanding of a particular topic. The more you go in deep, the clearer thoughts you receive. We are leading towards a more technological era where without proper research one’ can’t expect the desired information. If you have the aspiration to gather more particulars of a topic, you have to connect yourself with proper research channels. In this write-up, you will find insights into research including its practicality, different methods, and preferences in academic progress.
What do you understand by term research?
Research connects you with your topic more clearly. What will you do if you need to boost your knowledge on a specific topic? Definitely, you will search. Analysis of your findings using a systematic approach called research. Your method of research depends on the type of information you are looking for.
Usually, research starts from Google and ends up to Wikipedia because Wiki pages sound credible sources of information. It is not a difficult task to collect information on a topic. You have to seek reliable and dependable sources of particulars if you need correct information to include. Getting information from valid sources may be a cumbersome task for you in certain cases.
What role researching play in your academics?
Many times you find yourself in mid of thoughts projected on the necessity of research in your assignment. And, you could not able to connect yourself between these two topics. Research is an essential task for your effective project submission. To know how, read the following key points.
- To check the authenticity of the information before acquiring it.
- To collect facts and evidence of your topics to ensure its sustainability.
- To learn how to evaluate things and choose a better version of the particular information.
- To enhance your researching skills which is an important task for every project.
- To understand the topic more deeply.
- To remove misunderstanding related to any concepts.
People are vulnerable to believe in sayings without check the authenticity of that precepts. Thus, you always make sure that you have proper evidence to justify your statements and particulars before including it in your projects.
Once you read all key points, you have the idea of why research is a crucial step while drafting your academic papers. You should not feel depressed if you do not have adequate research skills for writing your homework. You have the option of online assignment help to empower your skills by making a secure connection with assignment experts.
What are the types of research?
Basic or fundamental research:
When you perform your researching for uncovering new facts, you should opt for pure research. The basic or pure research helps you to discover fundamental principles of your research in a scientific way. This research method works on the foundation of experiments and observation by which you can answer some specific queries such as why the earth is revolving around the sun? or What are the fundamentals of our nervous system? In this research, you will explore the scientific reasons for what is happening around us?
The information you collect from your basic research will be applied to this research method that’s y it is called applied research. In other words, the applied search is not all about to gather information for enhancing your general knowledge whereas it is applied for solving some practical problems. Rather than exploratory, it leads to descriptive solutions to your answers.
Difference between basic and applied research
|Topics||Pure or fundamental research||Applied research|
|Objective||Problem solving by applying an application of the discipline.||Problem by applying the basics of the discipline.|
|Approach||Numerous disciplines used to solve the query.||Only one approach used to analyse the problem.|
|Language||Common language is used to compile the reports.||Technical language is used to compile the reports.|
|Logic||This research reflects the phenomena responsible for changes in most of the things.||This research says no changes in variables.|
|Generalization||No generalization is applied in basic research||Generalization is preferred in applied research.|
When the research aims to search for numeric data or number figures, your approach should be targeted as quantitative analysis.
- This research projects the information on the bases of past records and establishes an image of future analysis after observing the records carefully.
- Quantitative research is helpful in developing mathematical models, hypothesis or theories related to a phenomenon.
- A systemic empirical exploration of quantitative properties, phenomena, and their relationship is used to define different terms under social science.
- Because of the quantitative research, you would able to provide the fundamental relationship between empirical examination and mathematical expression.
- Statistics is one of the best examples where quantitative research is applied. Whenever you have to explain terms under economics and commerce, you prefer this research in your analysis.
- It is a non-quantitative type of analysis where data is collected, analysed, and interpreted based on the reviews of what people think and say about a specific topic.
- Under the qualitative research, you can able to interpret many things using their definitions, meanings, characteristics, metaphors, symbols, and description.
- This research focuses on subjective analysis using various methods for collecting information through the in-depth observation of people’s opinions.
- It refers to an exploratory and open-ended approach where a group of people is interviewed in depth and research is conducted to justify the data.
You can classify this research into five types for further more understanding:
- Phenomenology: This type of research explains the phenomenon on the basis of individual experience for the same. For example: the opinion of people on what they are expected from their government?
- Ethnography: This type of research based on a group of people in which they share attributes, norms, practices, language, and material things.
- Case study: In this research, details of one or more cases are explained. For example, a case study of the blood cancer patient.
- Grounded theory: This type of research based on grounded observations of data using quantitative data, records observation, interviews, and surveys.
- Historical research: This research presents a platform where past and present events are discussed in the context of the present circumstances. It also ensures to answers all queries related to current issues.
Conceptual research focuses on the information which is already present to explain or describe the phenomenon. For example: to find the answers to such questions such as what are the causes of disease? What is the matter? How to define our galaxy?
- It doesn’t involve any practical experiments whereas it focuses on abstraction of ideas or concepts.
- The best example to understand the concept of conceptual research is the theory of Newton’s law. As we know, the fundamentals of Newton’s law based on the concept of motion and gravitation.
If you require to create the conceptual research framework, you have to read the following steps:
- Selection of a topic for your research: Prior to starting your research, make sure you select a topic to gather enough information. It is essential to choose a topic related to your field of specialization.
- Collect relevant particulars: Once you have selected your topic, time to gather information related to the same. In conceptual research, most of your information based on previous research so it is an essential step for your research. Prefer scientific journals and research papers published by scientists as a source of your particulars.
- Categorize variables: It is important to identify the particular variables related to your research topic. This step will add meaning to your work. If you like to include research on the occurrence of cancer in children, age and gender are two variables for your research.
- Create the framework: After collecting all the needed information, you need to outline your research framework. This step focuses on answering the questions based on your research.
Benefits of conceptual research for your assignment
- The main focus of conceptual research is to describe the concept of research or explore a phenomenon. It has answers to the questions such as what are the cause of the phenomenon? What are the reasons responsible for the occurrence?
- This research doesn’t allow any kind of experiment whereas it based on previously conducted studies. Your time, efforts and resources are saved with this research. With this research, students could able to generate more relevant information.
- It is the most convenient form of research in which the conceptual outline is ready only by relevant information on the topic.
Empirical research focuses on the study based on observation and measurement of phenomena. The information under this research is based on real-life experience. Most important elements of this research are:
- A question for which you conduct research.
- Approach to make the planned design as per your question and try to gather information from credible resources.
- Time to gather primary data for further observation.
- Use a correct methodology to gather and analyse the particulars using a survey or an experiment.
- Create a sample via limiting the data to a specific group, area or time.
- Reliability in which you recreate the study and test the outcomes.
- Generalization reflects discoveries to a larger sample and other circumstances.
Descriptive research explains the characteristics of a phenomenon or the population that needs to be discussed. This research primarily focuses on detailing the nature of the demographic segment without answering the reasons why the phenomenon occurs. In this research, quantifiable information matters in order to statistically analyse the target audience or a specific subject. Thus, this research is not experimental instead of it focuses on correlational or observational data.
Characteristics of Descriptive Research
This research method works on the theory of research question, designing and data observation responsible for gathering information on a topic. It has some distinctive characteristics which explained below:
- Quantitative research: It is a quantitative research method used to gather quantifiable information for statistical observation of the population sample. Using this market research method, you can collect and explore the nature of the demographic segment.
- Uncontrolled variables: In descriptive research, observational methods are used to conduct the research in which none of the variables are influenced.
- Cross-sectional readings: Using a cross-sectional study, you could able to explore the different sections (belongs to the same group) under this method.
- Support further research: Whatever the data gathered under this method that can be used for further research using other research practices.
This research method focuses on the facts or information that are already available to make a critical evaluation of the topic. With this method, the researcher could understand and explain the complex phenomenon using an in-depth study. It is primarily focused on hypothesis testing, specifying and interpreting relationships.
Subdivision of analytical research
- Historical research: This research allows users to get the origin and development of a phenomenon by analysing past records and other information. It also helps the researcher to discover the inclinations in the past to understand the current information and also allow to anticipate future findings.
- Philosophical research: This method of research discovers the fundamentals of knowledge, reality, and existence.
- Review: This research concentrates on the formal assessment of the topic and also allows to make changes if needed.
- Research synthesis or meta-analysis: In this method, two or more research studies are processed to summarize the facts regarding a specific question.
What are the misconceptions about the research methodology?
There are many misunderstandings of students regarding the term “research.” You must have a correct understanding of research and its methods before working on it.
Research is not centered on the likes and dislikes of people.
Liking and disliking do not come under the research methodology. “Like” is a subjective term and doesn’t suit to a critical thinker. To get the exact information, you must require accurate data to include in your academic work.
Research doesn’t focus on non-scientific beliefs.
To learn scientific research, you must go for other resources such as mythical or religious. Many scholars searched religious channels to learn the history of the earth and its life formation. When you go in deep, you find the discrepancy in belief and scientific evidence for the same topic.
Research doesn’t protect an individual’s thoughts.
You can’t use research to protect people’s opinions. The main work of research work is to reveal the facts and truth of the specific topic. Do not go for any individual estimations unless you have to draft a persuasive research work.
After reading the above information, you get the idea of what research is and what are the types of research methods. Before starting your project or thesis, you must understand what type of research is beneficial for your documents to reflect the desired information. The selection of the correct methodology for researching will provide you the desired outcomes. Read the above information carefully to understand the types of research and also understand the misconceptions regarding the research methods.
Why choose us?
Great Assignment Help provides a perfect platform for all those scholars who are seeking online assignment help for their timely project submission. Our consistent team of academic writers and editors have rich experience in their field. They are much efficient to provide essays, assignment research articles, dissertation, and various academic activities irrespective of subjects. You will get the following benefits by making a genuine connection with our writing services:
- 100% plagiarism free work: You will not get copied content from us. Our philosophy of working is to provide plagiarism free work so that students will score high marks on their assignments.
- On time project delivery: Connect with us and get on time project submission. Our experts put their effort and dedication to provide an on-time project. With us, you do not have to be worried about due dates for your effective project submission.
- 24*7 Customer services: There is no time limit for placing your order to get the best writing services from us. We have an attentive and active customer support team who available round the clock to serve every needy scholar.
- High-quality content: Our professionals have completed their masters and Ph.D. to make sure students receive quality and informative content for their academic tasks. You will find positive academic growth with us.
And many more. If you have any queries regarding your assignment submission or any other issue, visit our website and talk to our expert.